Monday, September 24, 2012

Louisville

    Louisville is a great place to be. That is, unless you happen to want to go somewhere other than where you are. I hate that place. People who live there have nicknames for the stop lights. They call them LLL's. Long Louisville Lights. There is one near Courtney's new apartment. It is so bad that I now do one of two things. I either turn down the street before the light because it is faster going through the neighboring business complex than waiting for the light, or I go through the light. I am not worried about getting pulled over for doing it. Everyone runs red lights in that city. If you pull away from a light as soon as it turns green, you will be hit by the last two people that just couldn't wait. The police don't care. I was sitting at this same five minute light when a van blew through going the other way right in front of a cop. The cop waited for his light to change, then turned out the other way and went on his way.
    I have never seen a Louisville cop do anything. I did see one sitting in the very back corner of a deserted parking lot. They must save their energy for when the rowdy parts of town start shooting everything that looks at them funny.
    The people who drive in Louisville do not understand many things that are common in the rest of the world. Courtesy for example is completely absent from the roadways. I think most drivers are terrible, but these people are the worst. The surface streets are just as bad. Random lane changing is rampant, some people drive way under the limit, others are going twenty over. There is no rhyme or reason. I am not joking either. In one day I encountered a driver who was going 30 in a 45 and someone who was going at least 60 in a 45. People are idiots. I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment